Wednesday, April 27, 2011

LOCK DOWN and a little insanity

Well today is officially "lock down" which, for those of you not hatching literate, means "DON'T YOU DARE OPEN THAT DAMNED INCUBATOR UNTIL THOSE BABIES ARE OUT!!"

Basically, on day 18 you stop turning the eggs, close up the 'bator and increase the humidity so that the babies can get into position and get out of the eggs safely.

I have 21 in there.  3 were adopted out to my friend Jenn's broody.  As I posted before, she only has 1 lonely Silkie egg developing so in an effort to keep that baby happy, I gave her a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Blue Wheaten Maran and Light Brahma.  I can't wait to see the size difference between those chicks! LOL

Anyway.. here are the eggs tucked in for hatch...


I'll keep you posted!

On another note I accidentally bought MORE eggs today and these aren't even hatching yet! AHHHH!!!

I will have Millie Fleur D'Uccles
http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=492887
and beautiful EE's  http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=492902

I got a great deal from this guy and I am hoping for some beautiful and interesting birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment